When the SAILS tests went into production in 2006, the Project SAILS team made a deliberate choice to make customer support a priority. This was an extension of our original plan, which was to create an assessment tool that:
- Is affordable (only $4/student)
- Has low technology requirements (any current Web browser)
- Is easy to set up (test administrations can be created in less than 30 minutes)
- Is valid and reliable (tests have gone through a rigorous testing process to ensure validity)
- Provides actionable data (see sample test reports)
Anyone who offers a service or a product should offer good support, too. As librarians, we know that relationships with vendors are important. As consumers, we value organizations that are responsive, helpful, friendly, and knowledgeable. Those characteristics are the touchstone of our approach, which is reflected in our reputation for customer service.
Our team is committed to supporting your implementation of the SAILS tests. We will happily answer your questions, give advice, brainstorm with you, share ideas, send you documentation, or whatever you need.
Our goal is to answer all questions within a day, but we usually are able to respond faster than that. If you use the “Contact” form on our web site, our system will notify the appropriate member of our team (depending on whether it is a question related to the test itself, a programming question or issue, etc.) for a quick response.